Monday, February 27, 2012

The Balm Hot Mama



While I was buying my precious Mary Lou Luminzer in Awear I happened to spot this treasure among the other items. Something about this just stood out to me! After swearing to myself I wouldn't buy anything else I was all set to walk away. But something convinced me to stop and swatch it on the back of my hand. Which turned out to be a dreadful idea as I ended up falling in love with the colour! Here's some pictures I took underneath to fully show you this beauty.




As you can see it's a beautiful peach toned pink with a bit of gold sparkle in it. It is a very striking colour that adds shimmer and a flush of beautiful colour to any look. This is my go to blush at the moment! This is also known as a dupe for Nars Orgasm. As with the other balm products, this has more than one use as you can also use it as a eyeshadow. I personally think it might be a bit too daring for some to use as a shadow but it makes a beautiful blusher. This is the result that one swipe of your finger will yield. As I said on my previous post, one of favourite things about theBalms products is the design. They all have such unique and provocative packaging. This one shows a sexy woman in a bikini which I think suits the name of the product quite well. 


I personally find this colour to be beautifully pigmented although if you prefer matte blushes this may not be for you as it does have quite a bit of shimmer. It came out quite bright and shocking on the back of my hand but once blended out it leaves a warm flattering glow. 


As I said, the first photo does make it look a lot pinker and much more vivid than it actually is. The second picture is a better representation as it shows the true effect of the blush. I have always been a fan or more coral or peach toned blushers so I personally find this to be the perfect colour for me. One thing that might be a problem is it might not be so pigmented on darker skinned girls (I'm a pale Irish girl!). But I do think the colour is very build able so you might be able to work around this detail!

As for price, as I've said before, it isn't a cheap drugstore brand but its not a super expensive high end brand either. You might say it balances between the two of the them. This retailed for roughly €15 where I got it but you might be able to find it cheaper online. 

Does anyone own any theBalm products or plan on getting them?

2 comments:

Fashionable Memories said...

That is a beautiful shade!! It reminds me of Nars orgasm. I'm really glad to have found your blog! I really enjoy reading your blog posts. If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean the world to me! Thank you so much in advance. Please have a great day!!!!

Unknown said...

the shade is so pretty :) reminds me a little bit of the rosegold one by sleek.
the bahama mama bronzer is also really nice. :)
great post, dear!

xoxo

http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...