Monday, February 27, 2012

The Balm Mary Lou Luminizer




I have to admit that up until recently I had never dipped my toes into the world of highlighters. I suppose to me they always seemed like an unnecessary step. When some people think about putting something shiny on their face their first thoughts are that they will end up with, quite simply put, a greasy, oily face. That's how I felt, until I found this little beauty!







It is described on theBalms website as a "seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches every one's eye". One of my favourite things about theBalms products is their quirky and provocative packaging. Every Balm product has a sleek and sexy exterior along with sometimes racy names. The cover of this one has a pin-up type woman who's "charge" is apparently being too pretty and popular. The front lid says it can also be used as an eyeshadow or shimmer but personally I prefer to dust it along my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose using a fluffy brush. It provides an absolutely beautiful glow to the skin that truly illuminates the face. 



The above is a picture of it swatched on my finger. As you can see it is very warm toned with a golden honey coloured shimmer. Below I will show it swatched on the back of my hand to give you a better idea of its pigmentation. 



As you can see it very pigmented and this is how it applies after one coat of it. It doesn't require a lot of build up and one swipe should be enough to do the trick. As with all highlighters, it must be applied with a light hand to avoid an unflattering shine. As they always say, less is more. It will most likely work on all skin tones as I think it is a very beautiful colour. 

Now onto value for money. All though they are not a completely high end brand like the likes of Nars or Illamasqua they are still a lot more expensive and better quality than most drugstore make up. They are a happy in between you might say. I got this in my local Awear shop, maybe you should pop into yours and see if they stock theBalm products!This retails at around the €17 mark which may seem pricey but it is totally worth and some of the best money I've ever spent, plus at 8.5g, it's going to last you a long time. I can not recommend this enough! I will be reviewing another theBalm product soon so watch this space!



4 comments:

Caroline said...

wow this is gorgeous!! i'm ridiculously obsessed with highlighters so i might just have to make room for this beaut in my collection xx

Megan Amanda said...

Isn't it beautiful? I had to have it the moment I saw it! Btw thanks for the follow, been a fan of your blog for awhile :) Xx

Megan Amanda said...

thank you!! :)

Unknown said...

Hey there, just found your blog and it's fab! Always nice to find another Irish blogger xo

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...