Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jemma Kidd Light As Air Foundation


Sorry for the absence! But someone I knew died recently so I've been busy and haven't had the chance to sit and blog in peace, plus I had tons of assignments! But I'm back to rave about my new foundation which I'm in love with. I'm sure most of you will no stranger to this foundation as it has been doing the rounds in the beauty community as of late.



For starters I'll address the packaging, mainly because you've probably noticed how grubby and messy it looks already! This I can live with though as all black packaging is the same, it's an absolute magnet for dirt! There is no pump or dispenser on this either so you have to be very careful when pouring it out as you can end up using too much! One of my only other problems with this is the lack of product in it, it's only 30 ml and the tube is very small so I'll have to use it sparingly..otherwise I adore it.

I'd describe the coverage as medium to full but it still manages to leave your face looking fresh and dewy as opposed to looking caked on which gets a big thumbs up from me. It has quite a runny consistency as opposed to a thick one so you don't need to use a lot to cover your whole face, please keep this in mind the first time you use it because I didn't! The shade I picked is light/medium which is probably a little bit too yellow for my skin tone but I find if I mix it with a tiny bit of a  paler foundation it creates the perfect colour for me. In terms of longevity, I think this is quite impressive, I've only worn it a few times but I find it remains on my face for a good few hours. This might be different however for oily skinned ladies, I'm lucky to blessed a fairly oil free face as my skin is more on the drier side. If you happen not to be like me,I'd recommend you use a good setting powder.

Here is a before and after swatch for you to compare.



As you can see it is a bit dark for me but mixed with a little bit of lighter foundation it's perfect. I think the colour will be lovely for when I'm wearing fake tan or even better if I hopefully get a real tan this summer!

This isn't available locally where I live so I had to order it on beautybay.com but I also noticed it on feelunique.com as well. I chose the first because they offered free worldwide delivery. At €30-ish it is definitely the most money I've ever spent on a foundation but it is a high end brand so you get what you pay for in the end! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a good fresh faced foundation but I do warn you that there is only 7 shades available so not everyone will be able to find the right colour, hopefully this won't effect any of you.

It might be a few days before I blog again as I'm not quite sure what to do for my next post, I'm still only new to the world of blogging but I am loving it so far :) Thanks for reading ladies!

 




1 comments:

Aoife said...

Hello! Just started following :)
I havent tried any Jemma Kidd products but Ive heard the foundation is fab! Expensive though!

Hope you have a nice bank hol weekend! :) x

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...