Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Kiss Me Coral




Being that Revlon lipsticks are some of my favourite ones I knew it wouldn't be long till I finally reviewed one! Ignore the messy-ness of the package..it's been well used/loved. Revlon lipsticks are well known for being affordable and high quality hence their popularity in the beauty world. They also come in a wide variety of shades and formulas so there is something for everyone. I'd wager that everyone, even some of the big name bloggers on this website, have one or two in their make up collection!

This particular shade has huge appeal to me because of I often find bright blood reds hard to pull off but this is a lovely orange toned red which is my favourite kind of red lippie! It has a creme finish so it is very blendable and applies smoothly, I personally found that kept my lips moisturised and they didn't dry out at all but maybe I just got lucky. The packaging isn't the fanciest I've ever seen but I find it simple and classy and it does the job it's meant to do. 





As you see, it is quite a strong colour and I know some people might find it too intimidating but that's ok, I used to be terrified of wearing bright reds too! I usually only reserve a colour like this for a night out or a party as it would be quite dramatic for a day look, but hey, if you can pull it off with confidence then I salute you! Now onto the swatch, I know its quite small but I was in a hurry when I took the picture and didn't have time to put loads on. Hopefully you can still get a good idea of the pigmentation.


As you can see it is a very beautiful colour and has a good level of pigmentation, it is definitely my absolute favourite red lipstick to date. In terms of lasting power it's pretty much the same as a lot of Revlon lipsticks, you'll get at least 2 to3  hours of wear if your not eating or drinking but at a party or at dinner you would have to reapply a bit more often. I was going to do a lip swatch but my poor pout isn't the best condition with all the cold weather so I thought it might be best to leave it for now. Oh well, there's always next review!

Thank you for reading , do you own any Revlon lipsticks?




4 comments:

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

I'm addicted to coral lipstick haha, too bad we don't have Revlon here in Sweden ;)

Stephanie said...

Sounds great and looks like a lovely shade x

skadiida said...

love your nail polish (:

xx

skadiida.blogspot.com

Orla Harrington said...

Cute blog, I love to see other Irish girls blogging. :) And your nails are amazing, wow!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...